Skip to main content

Let Her Relax

I am not a Kiasu parent. I am not a Kiasu parent. I am not a Kiasu parent.

Hehehe...

But, maybe I am. *grins*

I went to Dawter T's school today to talk to her Form Teacher and her Chinese Teacher. Before I went in, I talked to another mom whom I got to know coz I always sms her when I can't understand Dawter T's handwriting, she told me that the Form teacher encouraged them to push her daughter more.

Hmmm... So I got a bit scared.

I went in. I finally met her Form Teacher whom I exchange emails with.

I was pleasantly surprised about the feedback.

"Your daughter is well-liked by all her teachers. She's very keen on studying and learns fast" (mana sa akin!!! joke)

I asked her if I need to "push" my daughter to study more. She said no. She said to let her try things that she will enjoy like arts.

With regards to Chinese, again, I heard the magic words, she is well-liked. Hahaha. "Charming pala sya." And, she has enthusiasm to learn Chinese (pramis po, indi ko makita ito sa bahay!!! minsan naiiyak pa sya...). The only thing is it's really hard for her to speak.

Thank you, Lord!

*** For those who read my blog and wonder why I am so stressed with my daughter's progress, Primary school here in Singapore is quite tough. Sad but true.

Comments

Unknown said…
hahaha, mana sa lolo vic nya, sungit lang sa bahay pero oks na oks sa labas esp other people. Just learn good techniques of building their confidence and boosting their self morale. As long as you and Pre, Ana even, are consistent in your moral values, discipline, love&affection, attention and time that you give to them, they will carry it through no matter where they are. Always set a tone of love, acceptance and forgiveness always, and they will grow up secure and feeling love. Recipe of a successful parenthood.
Unknown said…
what;s kiasu parent???

Popular posts from this blog

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

She's 2!

This Week Of My Life

The week started without my Tagalog tele-serye. Yes, I vowed to stop watching after Ysabella ended hehehe I vowed to stay away from the tv at night and just be with the "3" kids. Hahaha. So far, so good. I had a very interesting week at the office where my boss and I talked about my performance. I was quite disappointed with some of his "thoughts", I felt that it was very subjective especially when he had to name people who he thinks we should gang up with but I really really don't like. He said that I cannot choose my users. True. But, he's not a typical user, he's out to get our bloods (He always have to brag that he's rubbing shoulders with the head of all heads whenever we have meeting with him! As if that will scare me off! Hahaha!). Even though my blood was close to boiling point, I quickly signed off my appraisal form. Let's wait and see how "good" the result is in a few months. What got me spiffy are the little thing