Skip to main content

My Old Job

I have posted in this blog my past work woes, when I was still handling anything technical under the sun. One of those things is coordinating with web hosting companies. It's not every month though that I have to do this, it's just that tracking the expiry, talking to their customer service officers when there's problem can be quite cumbersome.

These days there are a lot of web hosting companies at affordable rates. They even give you free email accounts. I remember how I had to look for companies with competitive rates. Further to that, you have to make sure that downtime is minimal, if not zero. I remember when we subscribed to one company and our users used to complain to us every week that their web site is down, that they cannot receive mails. It was horrible! To add to the injury, their customer service was not good. My ex-boss never let me lived that down.

One of my teammates suggested to go into the web hosting business. But, I told him that it's quite a task managing different web domains, making sure our rates our competitive, and the biggest factor of all, that we won't fail our customers with regards to our service. Let me tell you, back then, our network was not that stable thus it didn't push through. What's more, our department is a cost-center, not a profit center. Though my ex-boss would like to be in the latter category.

For those of you who wants their web sites hosted, just make sure that you get value for your money. It's one thing that it's cheap but look at their service as well. It's not a good thing if your web site takes a long time to load or that it cannot be found.

Comments

Unknown said…
any recommendations? i'm thinking of really moving from my mac account and getting a better host. apple's loads supppperrrrr slow on PCs.

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats