Skip to main content

First Day in Primary School

Dawter T started her school last January 2. Yes, right after New Year! I turned off my alarm without getting up, my mind muddled from sleep. If Ate A didn't wake us up, Dawter T would have missed it! Hahaha

We then rushed her to dress up and eat. Pre checked how heavy her bag is. If you've seen Dawter T lately, she's all bones now and we're quite concerned if she will be able to carry her bag all the way to her classroom.

We waited for the bus and good thing that there were some neighbors that were waiting for the same school bus. You can see excited mums and dads waiting, anticipating the dreaded first day at Primary school.

We stressed to Dawter T how different her school life this year compared to her Pre-school years. She cannot take it lightly. I think I am more nervous than she is. We can teach her in English and Math but Chinese is a different matter. Pre told me not to worry, that things will work out for her.

We met some nice Filipino parents whom I exchanged phone numbers with. There was another mom there whose daughter has the same name as Dawter T. Incidentally, the girls are classmates and played with each other during the orientation. And, I thought Dawter T's name is not common here in Singapore. Hehe.

We saw Dawter T during recess. She was with a P5 girl named A. The girl was very kind but Dawter T is fairly quiet around her. A brought Dawter T around and even helped her to buy her snacks. I opted not to bring food for her (aside from the fact that we woke up late!) so that she can get to experience buying from school. Not that I am teaching her to spend. I just want her to experience things and of course, I am hopeful that she will eat what she buys. As most of you know, she's quite a picky eater. She bought sausage bun and managed to finish in record time. I was so proud of her. She get to save S$1.20. Hehe.

When recess was finished, we went home and just waited for her arrival. She had a lot of stories but the frightening one is a spelling quiz (?) in Chinese on Monday. Hahaha.

Comments

Unknown said…
she'll be great. she loves school and she's very friendly so i know she'll make friends right away. =) she's growing up so fast!

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats