Skip to main content

Year of the Lost Handphones

(Two of my friends lost their handphones in 2006)

Pre has warned me that my pants pocket is not so deep to hold my handphone as it keeps sleeping off when I am seated. But, I didn't take heed. I was busy being excited because it's just a fewhours away from New Year and I am cooking Lasagna and Crispy Chicken for the first time.

We rode bus 64 from Clemenceau Avenue to Dhoby Gaut mrt because we need to pay our Citibank bills. I was holding on to my wallet, digital camera and Bebi A's towel which I wasn't able to put in Bebi A's bag.

Along the "3 bus stop" ride, I even thought of calling home to make sure my kids and Ate A has arrived there safely with Sister C. But, I was sidetracked by my chitchat with Pre that when we alighted at Dhoby Gaut and felt that I was one handphone lighter, the bus was slowly pulling away. I asked Pre if we could catch a cab and try to go after the bus but he said it was too late and we should just report it to SBS.

We managed to find out the where bus 64 will stop so we went there and we waited for an hour and a half for our bus to arrive. During that period, Pre and I managed to talk about silly things to almost serious stuffs and in between that, we kept calling my hp to make sure it was still on. Funny thing, whoever got it didn't turn it off. It kept on ringing and they kept on answering but they never spoke a word. We sms'd it but to no avail. They just don't want to return my 4 year old 7210.

Yes, guys, it's an ancient phone but it held too many memories. From Dawter T's first tooth eruption until Bebi A got hers as well. It also held a lot of friends' numbers who I will smsthat fateful day to greet a "Happy New Year".

Maybe whoever got it need to greet someone whom he haven't spoken in years. I hope that phone with so many memories will rekindle friendships, or maybe mend a broken relationship. Because it helped me do all that.

Note : Thanks Pre for waiting with me and for all the stories we shared. Really helped me forgetabout all the data inside my handphone. Hehe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats