Skip to main content

Little Sister

I was not really given that much time before to get to know my younger sister D. When she was born, I was already in my 4th grade. When she started school, I was already in High School. The age gap was there and I didn't do anything about it.

When I came back to the Philippines for my wedding on 2001, she gave me a letter during Christmas which I kept inside my Bible til now. When I am down, I usually open and read it. It was a simple thank you letter but I held on to it because I felt so happy being appreciated by my kid sister. It never fails to lift me up.

She graduated this year. My parents wanted me to come home to see it but was not able to since there were a lot of work at the office then. I got to see her during our vacation though and boy, was she all grown up?! So pretty and thin hehe She worked at Seattle's Best for a while and when we were there, I was so proud of her because it was something I wanted to do before (worked in Jollibee or McDo) but never had the guts.

Her contract (I think) ended and she was persuaded to come to Singapore with my Mama for Bebi A's birthday. We asked them to stay until August so that they can also spend Dawter T's birthday with us. I was really surprised that my quiet little sister can now hold her own. I like our small talks, and how she was brainwashed her to like GA hehe It's such a joy to spend this time with her, talk to her about things (haven't really talked to her about lovelife yet though), see how she takes care of my daughters and to see that small sized Junior shirts can fit her without any bulge.

Another of life's simple pleasures that I am so grateful to the Lord for giving me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats