Skip to main content

I don't want to be LEFT BEHIND

Last Sunday, I finished reading a Christian fiction book (courtesy of sister C) entitled LEFT BEHIND. It's about the rapture.

It was sure scary.

Imagine if all your loved-0nes were taken by God and you were left behind to experience all that was written in the book of revelation : World War III, the coming of the anti-Christ, plague, great earthquake and that's to name a few. The thing is, being left behind, without all the catastrophe is painful enough. I, for one, don't want to see my loved-ones' clothes in the bed but without their bodies in it. I don't want them to disappear before my eyes. Don't get me wrong that I don't want them to experience the power of God's love, it is just that --- I want to be with them.

After reading the book, I examined my life at the moment. What is it that will make God decide to leave me? Oh, I am not a good person, I am not the Christian that I want to be, I pray for convenience, I am lazy. So many things has hindered my personal relationship with the Lord.

"Ey, Lord, be contented with the time that I spend with you!"

W-what? How can I say that to Him? But, that is exactly what is happening. With all the rush in my life, I made Him seat in the backseat thinking I can always look back and ask Him to seat in front. But, it has been a long time since I asked Him to. It has been a long time since I asked Him to guide me in my life. You see I made myself believe that I am WONDER WOMAN. Wonder Wife whom her husband will love for the rest of our lives. Wonder Mom because I feed, bathe, clothe my daughter. Wonder Daughter because I contribute. Wonder Friend because I send them occassional emails, sms and talk to them when there are parties. How could I let myself believe all that crap?!?

My resolution. I will take it one day at a time. I want to change. I don't want to be left behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

She's 2!

This Week Of My Life

The week started without my Tagalog tele-serye. Yes, I vowed to stop watching after Ysabella ended hehehe I vowed to stay away from the tv at night and just be with the "3" kids. Hahaha. So far, so good. I had a very interesting week at the office where my boss and I talked about my performance. I was quite disappointed with some of his "thoughts", I felt that it was very subjective especially when he had to name people who he thinks we should gang up with but I really really don't like. He said that I cannot choose my users. True. But, he's not a typical user, he's out to get our bloods (He always have to brag that he's rubbing shoulders with the head of all heads whenever we have meeting with him! As if that will scare me off! Hahaha!). Even though my blood was close to boiling point, I quickly signed off my appraisal form. Let's wait and see how "good" the result is in a few months. What got me spiffy are the little thing