Skip to main content

Day 1

We booked our tickets with Jetstar. I tried to make everything fit our budget. The girls were so excited and so were we. We were not able to eat breakfast... As usual, we were running late. So, Pre said we'll just buy something when we're on board the plane.

When checked in with Jetstar, the lady at the counter said. "Maam, you're holding Philippine passport, make sure that you have $700USD."

"Huh, why?"

"It's the policy"

"I've been there before and they have never asked me for show money." At that I was fuming so Pre drew cash and we exchanged it to Hongkong dollars.

Still. I was fuming. Kainis. Di man ako makabayan, ayoko talaga naapi tayo.

So, off we went to the gate. Picture-picture. Then, at last we boarded the plane.

The girls were asking questions about the plane, commenting about it. Pre and I smiled to ourselves. They were cute. It's not their first time but they were too young to remember their first plane ride.

We ate breakfast then we slept throughout the flight. I was praying that the immigration officer won't ask any questions or ask about the show money because really!!! that would really pissed me off.

We were in line with some lola's from Pinas. These lolas were the konya types hehehe Pre was asking me if I will be like that when I got old. I don't think so.

Anyway, we went straight to the hotel. And, boy, was I glad that we pursued that hotel. Though a bit pricey versus the ones I initially inquired on. It was worth it especially for the two girls. It was Disney all over.

What's more? We managed to get a birthday pin for Dawter so I don't need to order a birthday cake just to have that. I told her about the birthday pins that I saw when I went to Disneyworld and the Kikay in her got very excited! Initially, when I inquired about it over the phone, they told me that they won't be able to give her one since her birthday has passed. God has his ways! We are truly blessed! These little things made the trip so memorable and swak in our budget hehehe.

After checking in, we rode the shuttle to go to Disneyland station, the train from Disneyland was really cute!!! The windows were shaped as Mickey ears and inside the train were some figurines of Disney characters. Galing! Dun pa lang e natuwa na kami.

We went to Hongkong station to meet Ate A's ate. Then, we went to Jollibee. Yes, we went to Hong Kong to eat at Jollibee. The experience was not nice though. There were some Pinays who tried to bully us because we were saving seats, hayyy... And we were so hungry, so alam nyo na... Tempers flared and the food was not what we expected. Still, it was Jollibee.

After breakfast cum lunch cum merienda, we waited for the mass at the nearby church. We were pretty sure we won't be able to attend mass the next day so tired as we were, we attended the anticipated mass. Ok! Pre was laughing at me because I was so sleepy. Apo talaga ni Andres because after the mass, we were energized.

We went to Times Square afterwards. Again, picture-picture then tried to find a Pizza Hut. The girls love pizza and we managed to find one. The taste was not the same, the girls were a bit disappointed. They asked why hahaha

After dinner, we went back to the hotel. We were very tired then. But we got very excited with all the Disney stuffs in the hotel.

Then, we slept.

Day 1 was over. Excited for Day 2.

Comments

Unknown said…
seriously, kailangan ng 700usd o show money??!

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats