Skip to main content

Gong Xi Fa Cai

The holidays came and went like a blur. It was a time with the family and new friends.

It started on the night of the 27th when Cich celebrated her birthday at Sunglade. It was a great party but too shy to participate. Even Dawter T was feeling wary. Thanks to Enigma for making us feel at home! We had to leave early though as I need to do my motherly duties to Bebi A.

The next day, we woke up early (coz of Bebi A), Dawter T armed with her new vcd bugged me until I gave in to watch Mulan. The day was spent lazing around while Pre went out to play basketball. Around 5pm, Tito F's family came by to chitchat. Then, we got a call from Ludz who invited us for a barbecue dinner. The food was great, we had bakwa and pork barbecue! Dawter T had a blast (I had a heart attack) from playing at the high slide (kaya siguro bumalik ang ubo!).

Sunday came and wonders of all wonders, we were able to go to the 1130AM mass at Ang Mo Kio! Of course, we were still late, hehe! Another good thing was Bebi A didn't cry. It's now confirmed that she's scared of the speaker at Toa Payoh church. We then had lunch at GP, hayyy sarap ng Sinigang na baka at Chicharon Bulaklak! Mind you, I was terribly disappointed with my sago/gulaman! The syrup was not sweet and the sago was not fully cooked.

Orchard during Chinese New Year was like a ghost town, though there were still people around, but with Takashimaya and other shops closed, it was very quiet. Nakakapanibago! We walked around but with nothing do, we decided to go home as Dawter T was already cranky.

With two days left, I'm already getting anxious. I don't want my vacation to end! Come Wednesday, I have to face unfinished business at the office, have to face insubordination (nyahahaha makukulit ang mga kasama ko sa team! wahhhhh!) and I am not ready to face all those. So I got busy! I cooked! Not a lot but a hearty merienda for my family and Tito F's family who came because his kids' hair needs to undergo torture under Pre's scissors mwahahaha! We were talking a storm that we didn't hear Bebi A falling from the bed! Poor Bebi but after a few minutes, she was all smiles and giggles again! We then ordered pizza for dinner as both families wanted to linger and talk the night away.

The inevitable came, it was the last day. One of Tito F's kids kept calling Dawter T because they invited her to swim at the pool. As we were preparing to go to the pool, our next door neighbor invited us in. We had to indulge, she gave my two kids ang pao then made us eat CNY goodies, I specially liked the lapis. Then, off we went to the pool! After Dawter T's short swimming stint, we went home to prepare lunch which we will once again share with Tito F's family. Pre cooked caldereta. Tito F's family brought ginataang hipon, steamed fish and fried rice! The steamed fish was so good, even Dawter T liked it --- she was even looking for it during dinner. Afterwards, we slept the afternoon away.

Can't help it but things has to end one way or the other. The long weekend is now over. All that was left was good memories and a few mandarin oranges *wink wink*!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

She's 2!

This Week Of My Life

The week started without my Tagalog tele-serye. Yes, I vowed to stop watching after Ysabella ended hehehe I vowed to stay away from the tv at night and just be with the "3" kids. Hahaha. So far, so good. I had a very interesting week at the office where my boss and I talked about my performance. I was quite disappointed with some of his "thoughts", I felt that it was very subjective especially when he had to name people who he thinks we should gang up with but I really really don't like. He said that I cannot choose my users. True. But, he's not a typical user, he's out to get our bloods (He always have to brag that he's rubbing shoulders with the head of all heads whenever we have meeting with him! As if that will scare me off! Hahaha!). Even though my blood was close to boiling point, I quickly signed off my appraisal form. Let's wait and see how "good" the result is in a few months. What got me spiffy are the little thing