Skip to main content

Worth S$132

Last night was like any normal night at home. Around 11PM, Dawter T pooped (her normal time these days coz this is the first time during the day when she has her disposables on --- she is still having a hard time doing it in the toilet bowl) so we asked Ate A's help as I cannot bend down anymore to wash her. I spent that time talking to sister C at her room. Dawter T came in a little while all clean. And, since she saw her ninang, she doesn't want to move back to our room.

She sat on the floor and I pulled her, trying to make her stand. After a few more attempts, she cried so loud. She apparently got hurt and wouldn't stop crying until her daddy knocked on sister C's door and carried her back to the room. She was still crying even after Pre cojoled her with Barney and Sesame Street stuffs in the net. She wouldn't move her arm. And, she doesn't want to go to bed. I was so worried.

The thing is, this is not the first time it happened. Dawter T had a history of pain in the arm when we hold her too tight or while playing. First time it happened, she cried for almost 30 minutes non-stop until we decided to bring her to the hospital --- on the way though, she stopped and we asked the taxi to bring us back to the house. At that time, (from our POV) Dawter T just wanted to ride the taxi.

Ok, back to last night's thingy. Pre managed to make her lie down. She slept fitfully, every so often, she would cry (in my ears --- in agony). Thus, being the guilty party here, I was not able to sleep. Even Dawter A was moving quite a bit in my tummy, maybe as stressed and worried as mommy.

This morning, she woke up crying still complaining about her arm. I made sister C look at it (she studied PT, btw). She said that it couldn't be a major fracture or dislocation as she can move her arm quite a bit. She thinks that it might be sprain or pulled muscle. I was still alarmed though so I asked Pre if we could take to the hospital. By that time, dawter T was wearing Pre's Home Made Sling.

Dawter T cried while we were dressing her up (she doesn't want to remove the sling). But before we got out of the house, she was hyper once again. She said she wanted to watch Madagascar! Hmmmm, seems like a repeat of the first incident. However, I still insisted that we take her to the hospital for my peace of mind.

When the doctor saw her. He made her get a candy in various positions. She cried, apparently in pain. So, that made the doctor order an x-ray on her wrists and elbow. She underwent the x-ray and cried a little when the technician moved her arm.

Results were normal, thank God! So, sister C's diagnosis was probably right --- sprain or pulled muscle. The x-ray, consultation and cream to apply on her arm costs us S$132.

So, we went home. We ate our late lunch. Slowly, we noticed that the sling was getting askewed. And, she can bend on all fours. After a few minutes, she removed her arms from the sling. So, we asked her if it's still painful. "No, magaling na," she said. She even removed her top. I was stunned! Apparently, she self-healed! Hahaha!

Oh well, my conclusion. Money is money. But, I should have just enrolled her in acting school. Maybe there's one worth S$132!



Comments

chocnut said…
wawa naman, I'm glad bebi T is okay now...ingat mami s wohooo lapit na =)
salme said…
thanks po :-) grabe lang tong c bebi T, sobrang madrama! kakapraning pa naman ganun...
simply me said…
hehe. mukang me sariling istayl si dawter ah!
salme said…
oo nga e, sobra talaga magpakaba. ang sarap kutusan! hahaha

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats