Skip to main content

Dalagita

For the past few months, we've been noticing changes in Dawter T. And, yes, I am referring to the changes that a girl undergoes. She was embarrased when I told her that she might need training b's soon.

She's doing well with her extra curriculars at school. Her form teacher recommended her as prefect and she went for an interview 2-3 weeks ago. She felt bad after and she told me her answers :

Dawter T : I don't think they'll pick me.

Me : Why?

Dawter T : Because of my answer to one question.

Me : It's just one question, for sure they will take into consideration your other answers. (she still look unconvinced and I can see that she really wanted to be one) What's the question and what's your answer?

Dawter T : The question was there was one girl (all girls ang school niya) who threw up on school grounds. What will you do? My answer was I will call the cleaner and bring the girl to the general office. But, the interviewer asked me what if the auntie is not around? So I answered, I will cover it with newspaper or paper. But, she asked me what if there's no newspaper?

Me : What did you say?

Dawter T : Don't laugh ok. I said I will cover it with my hanky.

And I laughed. Bad Mommy! Very Bad Mommy!!!

Me : Hmmm, ate, that might not be a good answer.

Dawter T : I know! That's why I told you I won't get in. My friend's answer was better, I should have answered that. She said, she will put a chair near it so that nobody will accidentally step on it.

Me : Yes, that's a good answer. But, ate, being a prefect doesn't define you (mommy moment). And you still have other things in school, you are math and PE monitress.

Dawter T : Yeah but that's not a big deal.

Grrrr... Mukhang gusto talaga maging prefect.

Me : Well, it's done and over. You just wait and see. I told you that nothing is impossible if you pray. If you want something and God thinks it's good for you, He will give it to you. (mommy moment again) So don't be sad anymore.

After a few weeks. I came home and Dawter T asked me to close my eyes.

Me : Why?

Dawter T : Just close your eyes. (after a moment) Now, open your eyes.

She showed me a pin --- "Trainee Prefect" pin!

Me : Wow, ate! Congratulations! Ang galing mo naman! (anak ko yan and this is my blog hahaha)

Dawter T : My friend has 3 pins - class monitor, Most courteous and Trainee Prefect. I only have 2 - Most courteous and Trainee Prefect!

Me : I will give you another one. The girl who has no satisfaction! What did I tell you? Don't compare yourself with others.

Hehehe... Ang kulit, super competitive!

Anyways, she was so happy and she wears it proudly on her uniform. We asked her not to bully anyone but be nice to the other girls. Not to be boastful and be humble.

Comments

simply me said…
Nahaluan na ata ng Singaporean blood kaya competitive na! I-train mo na lang na magamit nya sa mabuting paraan ang pagiging competitive. =) Malayo mararating ng batang yan.

Popular posts from this blog

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

She's 2!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats