Skip to main content

The Journey

You were not planned. In fact, we were surprised that we easily conceived you. With God's grace, of course. We were so excited!

Mommy had UTI and that's how we met the OB-GYNE. Daddy and Mommy were very comfortable with her. We loved seeing you in the ultrasound machine and looked forward to every visit. Then, we felt you move, felt your hiccups. I love how you're with me all the time. I talk to you, we sing to you, read you stories, daddy even recited the multiplication table to you. Talk about excited first time parents.

We asked Tita E to buy most of your things. And, when it came here with your lolo and lola, I became more excited! We washed your clothes, got the crib ready which was given by Ninong Mah and Ninang L on Mommy's birthday. A lot of people helped us start up as a family. We are very blessed. Lots of our relatives from the Philippines and the US planned their holidays here in Singapore to meet you.

A week before you arrived, mommy had a bloody show so the next day, we went to the doctor. The doc said that you're coming soon. She said that if you don't come in the next few days, doctor will induced mommy on August 22. Days came and went, nothing happened. So, we went to the hospital on August 22.

I couldn't push you out on the first few tries. You were a big baby. The doctor had to use a Kiwi cup to help mommy. And then, we heard you cry. Daddy's and Mommy's life changed that moment.

A lot of people visited us in the hospital but sad to say, your pedia found that your jaundice level is too high and recommended that you stay at the hospital for a few more days. Mommy was so stubborn that she opted to stay too. I couldn't bear to leave you. But, after a few more days., your jaundice was still not on the normal level. Daddy convinced mommy to go home because our hospital bills is piling up.

Mommy pumped milk for you and daddy brought it to the hospital. We were so sad but the day came when your pedia called and he told us we can take you home. What a happy day that was!

We just didn't expect that you'll keep us up at night hahaha But, still those time with you as a baby were precious times for me.

7 years has passed. Those memories are still vivid in my mind. Your first tooth, first walk, first words...

Thea, we love you. Always remember that. You know that you can always tell us about your problems, your crushes even. Hehehe. Stay happy, my princess.

Comments

Tita Avine said…
wow, 7 yrs ago...it goes fast and yes, enjoy every momont of it. As my dear friend once said, "one day gone is a day gone forever, you can't have it back". So enjoy them while you can....as i enjoy mine even in the olden years.
Benga said…
kakatouch naman to, very well said soox, for sure Ate Thea is so happy and proud to have you and pareng maxx as parents
All my best wishes to her.

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats