Skip to main content

My "Abraham" Journey

I call this as such because I felt it was similar to what happened to Abraham when God asked him to offer Isaac.

Last March, I got a call from a headhunter. I was intrigued because the client was an MNC but so many things happened in March and it took my breathe away. I went for the interview and got a positive review. Through the headhunter, the MNC sent their offer and asked me to decide within the day.

Honestly, I was not all into it. I got burned on the last MNC I went to. And, though there are many down moments here at my current workplace, I like my after office hours activities hehehe I like that I can come home at 7. The day I decided that I will not take it, I got problems in the office as well so I felt my head was clear and that I did not let my emotions run wild.

Few days after, I got this nagging feeling that I didn't do the right thing. Sister C coincidentally told me a story about her friend who told her that if you're feeling uneasy, the Lord wants you to do something else. I called the headhunter and asked if the position was still open. It was and they still want me. What happened was the start of my roller coaster emotion. I suddenly became afraid that I did the wrong thing. That the uneasiness was probably not because of this. I prayed hard for the job not to go through but in the end, I prayed that if this is His will, I will follow and obey. I did. Times when I was on the verge of calling it off, the Lord will send angels to tide me over. In all this, I informed the headhunter that I will only be able to join on July. She said that it's not a problem.

For 2 weeks, I settled on the idea that I am leaving again. I didn't hear anything from the headhunter nor the MNC. I didn't want to follow up because as I have said, I was having second thoughts. There's still business to finish here and I don't want to leave them like that.

Like Abraham, I tried. You can imagine the struggle I felt. Even though, I have had crappy days, my boss breathing down my neck but in my heart, I don't want to go. But, as Sister C told me, follow Him. He has plans.
Two days ago, the headhunter called me to inform me that I am to go for medical check-up and that the MNC will call me upon receipt of the results. After a few hours, she called me again and informed me that the MNC was proposing of buying my notice period and asked me to confirm if there's a way to lessen the notice period. I proposed something to them which I thought was fair. I will serve 1 month notice then they have to buy out the other month. All of a sudden, the headhunter said that if that's the case, MNC might withdraw their offer. Whoa! Where did that come from? I asked I thought they want a buy-out? That's when she said it's a PROPOSAL! Haha... I thought the offer is now a lost case.

So, ok. Pre and I dropped by Church of the Risen Christ. My mind was boggled out. But, I felt peace then. I tried to follow Him. But, He knew what's in my heart. And, He gave back my Isaac.

Epilogue : *wink wink*

The headhunter sms'd me last night and informed that the offer has been withdrawn. BUT, in case I am willing to shorten my notice period by personally buying it out, I should talk this over to my husband and get back to her.

My reply "Thank you for your patience and help".

Comments

simply me said…
totoong totoo sis ang sinulat mo.
HE really knows what's best for you and kung ano nasa puso mo. =)


pero nainis ako sa agent ha! balak ka pa isahan at pagbayarin sa pag buy out ng notice period mo. hmmmp! lokong un!

Popular posts from this blog

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

She's 2!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats