Skip to main content

Happy, Happy, Happy

Think Happy Thoughts. That's my mantra lately. Though, there's still unwelcomed ones. I smile more often now. Really.

So, how did I fare with "To Dos" so far. Errrmmm... Squirm here now...

1. Spend more time with the girls. Read and play with them when I can. And, not to get angry but to talk to them first when they're being makulit. Be a better mother and model to them. Well, well, good thing this is number one. I think I get an 8 here. Though I still have to work on it some more especially "the not to get angry part" --- I think I'll get there in due time.

2. Be a loving wife. I haven't really asked Pre if he has seen any changes yet hahaha But I try not to get him riled often now.

3. Lose A LOT of weight. My actual resolution is not to eat any chips this year. Some days I get this bad "manas" and I feel it's because I am storing lots of fluids in my body because of eating too much salty foods. Hmmm so who said New Year Resolutions are keepers? I fail here --- big time. I still can't resist my chipsssssss wahhhh (Note to Tita Avs --- the Piknik is still unopened but I took some of the mini Pringles hahaha) I haven't started any exercise regime though I have cut down on rice during dinner time. Result, I am still overweight! Pre noticed it (from afar, mind you, how big I am now --- I was even wearing black then) and that was a bummer.

4. Enough Whining. Enough said, right? Ohhhhhhhh have you read my other posts lately? Hahaha. Really, really want to stop whining about work but my boss ooooppps sorry, I am starting again. Hehe.

5. Save. Oh. I have started a bit. I even convinced Ate A to open MySavings account with POSB. This savings account has a higher interest than the normal. But, the downside is I still check MWL's blog every Thursday haha.

***

Just a little Bebi A'ism. Every word that comes from her mouth now has a "y" at the end --- Fishy. Milky. Also, when we ask her to shake her bootie, she does it with gusto! She looks so funny! Reminds me of Dawter T when she was at that age.

***

About Dawter T. It's her last year in Pre-School and I've been busy surfing nearby Primary school websites. Really want her to go to a good school, at the same time, I don't want her to be so competitive in her studies. Some of my local colleagues mentioned to me that it happens especially if you enroll your kids to the "good" schools. Dilemna. Dilemna. Praying really hard here. I want her to enjoy school rather than it becoming a burden to her young life.

Speaking of trying to encourage her to enjoy school. Her daddy told her that she will give her a dollar everytime she gets a star. After 3 weeks, she has now a total of 9SGD which goes to her Nintendo DS fund hahaha. That's what she wants. But, I hope to convince her to just save it. Haha. I don't want her to ruin her eyes this early. Also told her last night that I will give her a dollar everytime she ace her spelling quiz!

Whew. January is almost over. Looking forward to next week's holiday (Chinese New Year) when we only need to come to work for 2.5 days. Gong Xie Gong Xie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats