Skip to main content

The Week That Was

The past week was a mixture of highs, lows (and I guess, mediums?) It was chaos, lots of last minutes, and sleepless nights.

Off to Disneyland --- Not!

I needed to go to Hongkong to migrate one server of our subsidiaries last Wednesday. My boss was with me which he carefully explained to me as "bridging management relations". A lot in our department don't find it necessary for him to baby sit us during this biz trips, we do the job, he gets the glory and then he leaves us to "explore" and "learn" hahaha (well, those are his words)

When I asked "permission" from my two girls about this biz trip, Dawter T asked me if I am going to Disneyland. I said no, of course. I don't plan to coz I might shed buckets of tears if I go there without them. From last Monday on, my heart was on the verge of panic and sad attack.

I managed to finish the migration early so I asked my boss for permission to change my 630 flight to 1:30. I couldn't wait to go home. Nights were so long without Pre and the girls. I just couldn't sleep. My HKG colleagues were all giving me the look that says --- you're here in Hong Kong and you want to go back 5 hours earlier?!? Oh well, eating at Jollibee made my trip already! But, it's more fun to eat take away Chicken Joy with my family!

I almost missed it!

I checked in through the Internet last Friday. And, my confidence level about my time was very high. Unfortunately, a water bottle consumed from mini-bar almost made me miss my flight. Just for the bloody cost of S$6 that I didn't want to pay. Haha!

I slept past 12AM on Friday but woke up at 4AM. I haven't been drinking water since I arrived Wednesday. I was contented with all the Chinese tea that they served along with the goose hahaha (and also, for the life of me, I will conked out because of this "kaartehan" that I have! That is, I don't want to use the cups in our pantry! I want disposables! Hah!) Well, anyway, I woke up very thirsty. Though the 7/11 was just a few feet away, I was not in the mood to go out at 4AM. So I just chose from the two spring water sitting pretty in the mini-ref (Perrier vs Aqua Vera). I chose the latter thinking that it should be available in any 7/11 store.

Well, it's not!

After buying my take away Chicken Joy and Palabok, I asked the Pinoy cashier for the nearest supermarket. Well, the water is also not available there. By that time, it's 15 minutes before my check out time so I decided much to my regret (that I should I have chosen Perrier) to just head back to the hotel.

I managed to check out at 12 but I reached Kowloon Airport Express Station at around 12:20. The train ride took almost 20-25 minutes and by the time I checked in my bag, the ground steward was already panicking on my behalf that I should head in to the immigration. (Please take note that by that time I want to banged my head for not coming in early because I couldn't take my Octupus refund anymore and that I don't even have time to buy some goodies for my officemates.)

I was still able to buy some Peanut candies from Kee Wah but I was already running to the gate because I could see that they were queuing up to enter.

To cut this very long story, I managed to get in. But, I was still in regret over the Octopus card.

Anyway, by the time the plane landed in Singapore. It was long forgotten. I was just so happy I could kiss the ground.

Comments

marikit said…
kakaloka talaga malayo sa family no? ako nga, more time i spend with amelie makes me miss her more! ewan ko ba, obsessed mom na ako.

glad you arrived SG safely. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats