Skip to main content

Setting Things Straight

Five working days to go and I am off.

By 1st of June, I will be starting work at the new place. Hmmm, actually, it's not really new. I am just going back to my previous workplace. This time focusing on what I do best and handling less responsibility.

The reason I said that I am going to start being a mommy is because I felt I didn't really fulfill this responsibility well for the past year that I am with this current job. Reason being is --- I wanted to show them that I have earned the right to be in this big, glamorous company --- in the expense of my time with my hubby and kids. I worked late, I worked on weekends (may it be at home or at the office). There's this monthly preventive maintenance (which I will definitely not miss) that I have to go at 2AM (when everybody is sleeping, I am waking up to take a bath and hail a cab).

I guess there's no one to blame but me. I guess it could have worked out. They gave me options

1. work from home blah blah --- I don't think this will happen ever!
2. relieving me from my daily tasks --- we are currently shorthanded so go figure
3. focus on projects blah blah --- with my team leader as PM, no way! Promise, she keeps changing specs!
4. salary increment blah blah --- money is not everything!

I guess, I woke up and I just don't want to go back there. I don't want to always rant about how my team leader is so demanding, so unreasonable and so fickle (like me!). I don't want to vent that they called me at 3AM because one of the servers is having problem, I don't want to go to the 2Am preventive maintenance on Sundays. And, I don't want to feel so tired and stressed up of all these, and not take care of my family well.

I want to be able to come home and still see a very much active Bebi A (unlike lately when she's cranky and sleepy). I want Dawter T to sleep early thus I also need to be in bed as well for her to do so. I want to cuddle and trade stories with Pre about how are days went without ranting about my work day.

Well, I am sure, there will still be days when I will come home late. There will be days when I will need to rant and vent. Hopefully, it'll be lesser compared to the last year.

Thank you for bearing with all these drama. I am hoping for the best. After all, it's not just work at the new place, but there might be some scrapbooking on the side as well! Haha!

Comments

Lit Coo said…
Goodluck sa bagong work. Ako rin urong-sulong sa pagre-resign. Darating din siguro tayo sa pagiging SAHM.
chocnut said…
Yep onting tiis na lng hehehe, welcome back and I'll see you soon =)
Unknown said…
h'ney, t'avs....you want to live long and enjoy your life with your hubby and bebis?? Do not let the worries of the world eat you up! Adapt what I've learned from Uncle Ray, "Don't worry about it. Don't worry about what people say or think!" Believe me, it will help big time...

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats