Skip to main content

I rant

Around 845pm last night, we went to Spageddies in Paragon to have a very late dinner. I came straight from work as I am the duty officer this week and I had to spend a little more time to check things.

Our dinner started with a waiter who looks so sleepy as he took our orders. The girls had pasta while Pre had steak and crayfish. Around 920, the waitresses told us that the kitchen is closing and asked if we have any other orders. Pre asked for his Iced Tea refill, the girl said that the drinks bar was also closed. Good thing, the manager stepped in to alleviate the situation and gave Pre his due. I believe that the girl just wanted to go home and she does not want to give us anymore. The waitresses started hovering and asking if they can take our plates, One girl also asked if they can serve the dessert. At 930, the cashier came over and asked us to pay up. I was getting riled up coz we're still eating and I felt that they have to at least wait for us to finish the main course before they ask it. She said the cashier is closing but we can still eat. I told her off that it's not nice to give us the bill when it's not yet closing time. She apologized but when she walked towards the cashier, she had the nerve to mimic what I said to the other girl. Well, I didn't notice it, Sister C did, good thing or else, I would have gone over to them and ask what their problem was.

At around 945, Cousin C and Sister C were still eating their pasta when this girl came again to ask for our plates.

At 955, this waiter came over and told us that they are closing in 5 minutes time. I believe that he and the other waitresses were whispering about us. They were loitering around the restaurant, with nothing better to do, but wait for us to finish. It was unnerving to have them look at us with daggers in their eyes, silently cursing us for not finishing early so that theycan go home. (Well, the daggers is an exaggeration hahaha)

I believe that those people have been very rude and I believe that there's a reason why we have to pay service charge, why we give tips. I understand that they want to go home, but should the cashier close way before the patrons finish eating? Do they need to loiter around, waiting like hawks for our plates? Banks even entertain those that came at exactly 3PM, why can't they and restaurants are somewhat classified under the service industry?

Am I wrong to wish to relax and enjoy our dinner? If they have told us nicely that they are closing at 10pm and that their kitchen and cashier are both closing way before that. I think I wouldn't feel this way. The service charge shouldn't have been mandatory. I don't feel like paying up last night.

Comments

Unknown said…
totally unforgivable. kmi din po, nung ngdinner kmi sa cafe cartell plaza sing, ngkaron kmi ng bad incident. to think dat it was our 1st wedding anniv! buti n lng we wer able to buk a movie, kundi sobrang badtrip un nyt na un. biruin mo, we ordered our food 9:10pm. tapos after 20mins,tska lng sinabi na wla na dw st. louis porkribs! e 10pm un movie tym nmin! pmbihira, ang hirap nmn pla mgsabi agad na wla ng fud sa kitchen nila. labas tuloy nmin was a dinner at kopitiam.. ang swit no?

hay di bale na lng, ang wrinkles lalo lng dadami hehe.. btw, i added u sa links po ng blogfriendness ko :) thanks for dropping by. dalaw lng po kyo anytym :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats