Skip to main content

Born on the 5th of July

Pre and I had a hunch that during my check-up on July 2 that my OB will suggest that I go for induction on the 5th. As I have written here before, she classified Dawter T's birth as difficult delivery thus she doesn't want the baby to get too big inside the womb.

During the checkup, Dawter A approximately weighed 3.1kg and I am already 1.5cm dilated. Thus, the verdict was set. On the 5th of July, I will undergo induction.

I prayed hard that this is the right decision. I don't want to rush into things. I mean second delivery should be easier, right? And though, the first one was difficult, Dawter T managed to come out via the normal way. I prayed that the Lord will put a stop to the induction if it's not His will.

Few days went by and nothing happened to pre-empt or stop the birth.

I started my maternity leave on the 4th. Prepared my bag and some other office thingies. Pre and I went to mass at Novena Church to ask for guidance and support.

At 7am the next day, off we went to the Thomson Medical Centre. We went directly to the labor/delivery suites. They prepared me for delivery while Pre went to the registration counter. I will not go into the gory details of the preparation. Two Pinay nurses were there to assist me.

They put the oxytocin drip. My OB came in, burst my water bag and did an internal exam. She said that I am already 4cm dilated upon arrival. Thus, a bonus coz it wouldn't take me a long time. The oxytocin kicked in and felt the pain of the contractions. It was on and off. I was even able to sleep in between it. However, at around 11:30am, it started to get stronger. When I was IE'd, the nurse said that I was already 5-6cm dilated. The thing is, after that, the contractions became milder. I was quite frustrated as I don't know what to expect.

My OB came back to do another IE, she said that the dilation is quite slow and that I'll probably deliver by 4 or 5pm. She also informed me that she'll be in another room to do an operation with another patient. I had the feeling that they intentionally lowered down the intensity of the drip so that my delivery will be in time when my OB finishes with her other patient. Hehe...

But, around 1:30pm. My resolve to stay quiet when the time comes went out of my system. I informed the nurse that I already have the urge to poop. Nurse Grace IEd me aand informed me that I am ready to give birth, that she will call my OB. I was writhing in pain by then.

I kept embracing Pre during contractions and said "Ang sakit sakit!". Then, cried.

Pre even asked me why I was crying. The nerve! Hahaha...

He made me use the antinox gas. Until, I felt everything paused --- the pain, the scene. I can see Pre, see the people inside the room but couldn't make myself feel. (Later on, Pre told me that I almost passed out. He keeps on slapping my cheek to wake me up.)

Until, I told him "Nagpupush ako!" (na medyo galit pa! Ha Ha! Another "comedy" moment during labor) I saw my OB already at my feet, doing the episiotomy.

Then, my OB asked me to push. I did and Dawter A's head came out.

"Another one for the shoulder," I did and I heard my second daughter cry. Tgat was at 2:13pm.

I was so happy it was over. I felt more pain this time around. But, I was very happy that my OB didn't need to use Kiwi cup (vacuum to suck the baby's head out) which she used with Dawter T. I've done it without any assistance. Baby's head tend to take the shape of the vacuum thus it's not round for the first few days. My OB said that the delivery is much easier this time because the baby's size is just right.

Before taking Dawter A for measurements, the nurse took her to me. I cried. It was a precious moment. I am so happy that she's fine. I had so many worries during my pregnancy. Truly, God's hands protected her from any harm.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

God is good.
Dedicated to my best friend for life, PRE.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love you.
Thank you for all your support!
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !

Comments

Lei said…
Feel na feel ko yung pain while reading your story.. Hope that all is well with you, Pre and T and especially the new baby
chocnut said…
eeee naiyak din ako, tatanungin na naman ako ni maxx bat ako naiyak, i'm so happy for both of you...bebi T and bebi A are so blessed to have you both, your family are always in my prayers, ingat =)

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats