Skip to main content

And we call her ANDI

When I was still pregnant with my first baby, I have been quite insistent about the name Andrea (ganda naman, diba?). First, it's my Lolo's name if he was a girl hehehe (his name is Andres), it's also the middle name of my papa's ate, and I like it coz I can use Andi as the nickname. However, for a valid reason which I can't write, hubby doesn't want it. Oh well, so dawter became Althea.

On this second pregnancy, we wanted the baby's name to start with B (A-B-C e!) but couldn't find the right name (some B names are already used by our other friend's babies). So, when we found out we were having a girl, dawter and I started calling the new baby Andi. And, I asked hubby to look for a B name that can be shortened to Andi.

I don't want dawter #2 to get mad at me for calling her Brandi or Brenda. Hayyy, it's so hard to choose the right name!

One day, hubby called me, he was watching NBA (I can't remember if his team was winning but he was definitely in a good mood),

He asked me, "Gusto mo ba talaga na Andrea?".

Of course, I said "yes".

"O sige, Andrea na lang!"

Woohoo! The heavens opened and the angels started singing "Hallelujiah!" It's a miracle! It really is.

At last, I don't need to be generic when calling dawter #2. She has a name. You can call her Andi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's 2!

Busy

Bebi A : Daddy, can you make me an airplane? Daddy : Later Ava, I am busy Bebi A : You always say you're busy, you're hurting my feelings... She then put her face down on the sofa. Drama queen!

At 5

Today is the eve of Dawter T's 5th birthday. I couldn't help but reminisce about how she grew up from this jaundiced baby that I had to leave in the hospital to a girl who is vibrant and full of questions and who wouldn't want to be left alone. She's Cinderella's number 1 fan but is now discovering Kim Possible and Totally Spies. She likes to play with the computer, she sometimes uses it to draw using MS Paint or to surf Barbie's website. She doesn't want to be called baby because she's now an older sister. She likes to sleep holding my hand. She loves scrapbooking with me and my friends. She's very good at doodling and was kidding my Mareng M that she'll have her own line soon. HeHe... She's even better at stamping than me. She likes school and doesn't want to skip it even if she's sick. She doesn't sleep early. She sleeps at 11pm (the earliest). She's a very picky eater. Takes her own sweet time to finish a meal. But, eats